Breastfeeding, sleep, crying babies, maternal mood: excellence in evidence-based care. Because beginnings matter.
We offer the latest evidence-based approaches to breastfeeding, cry-fuss problems, sleep and maternal mood, developed out of fifteen years of research. We integrate the new breastfeeding science, including ultrasound studies on the biomechanics of infant suck, sleep science, neuroscience, evolutionary biology, gut science, attachment psychology and a new set of powerful psychological strategies known as Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, to give you and your baby the very best possible beginning. Our charitable organisation is committed to growing joy in early life!
PLEASE NOTE: Despite statements to the contrary (including representation on Google Ads), Possums is NOT the general practice known as Grow Medical, recently rebranded as Growlife Medical. Grow Medical does not have health professionals accredited in Neuroprotective Developmental Care or the Possums programs, and Grow Medical health professionals are not part of our NDC education networks. Grow Medical website information for parents with babies is not aligned with the evidence-based Possums or NDC content. Possums is an highly ethical values-based health promotion charity dedicated to excellence in research-based care for parents with babies. Health professionals who care about our organisation appropriately acknowledge use of the Possums or NDC programs in all their online promotions and work.
We aim to give every family expecting or caring for a baby the chance to learn about community-based Neuroprotective Developmental Care (NDC), also known as the Possums programs. We offer:
- The Possums Clinic for parents needing help, in-clinic, in their home, or by online consultation (Greenslopes Private Hospital, Brisbane)
- Online self-help programs about sleep and gestalt breastfeeding
- PIPPS - resources for parents and online and face-to-face groups
- Certification days for health professionals, either face-to-face or online
- Masterclasses for health professionals, face-to-face or online
- Neuroprotective Developmental Care Accreditation Pathway for health professionals
Your donation means a lot to us!
Anything you give will help us continue changing the lives of families with babies for the better!
Please support our charity's ground-breaking work as we educate health professionals, connect parrents, and further research our programs.