Breastfeeding, sleep, crying babies, maternal mood: excellence in evidence-based care. Because beginnings matter.
Our programs are ahead of the game! We offer the latest evidence-based approaches to breastfeeding, cry-fuss problems, sleep and maternal mood, developed out of fifteen years of research. We integrate the new breastfeeding science, including ultrasound studies on the biomechanics of infant suck, sleep science, neuroscience, evolutionary biology, gut science, attachment psychology and a new set of powerful psychological strategies known as Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, to give you and your baby the very best possible beginning. Our charitable organisation is committed to growing joy in early life!
We aim to give every family expecting or caring for a baby the chance to learn about community-based Neuroprotective Developmental Care (NDC), also known as the Possums programs. We offer:
- The Possums Centre for parents needing help, in-clinic, in their home, or by online consultation (Greenslopes Private Hospital, Brisbane)
- Online self-help programs about sleep and gestalt breastfeeding
- PIPPS - for connecting parents who are interested in the Possums programs
- Certification days for health professionals, either face-to-face or online
- Masterclasses for health professionals, face-to-face*
- Neuroprotective Developmental Care Accreditation Pathway for health professionals*
Once health professionals become NDC accredited practitioners, their location will be made available on our website for parents to find. If interested, NDC accredited practitioners may then apply for a license to become a Possums Clinic.