Breastfeeding, sleep, crying babies, maternal mood: excellence in evidence-based care. Because beginnings matter.
We are an evidence-based revolution in baby and toddler care.
Neuroprotective Developmental Care (or 'the Possums programs') offers a genuine paradigm shift - we flip much of the popular advice parents receive upside down. Our work has been developed and published over the past 15 years from the latest research in lactation science, neuroscience, evolutionary biology, gut science, sleep science, attachment psychology and a new set of powerful psychological strategies known as Acceptance and Commitment Therapy. We've been transforming family's lives in the Possums Clinic or through our education of health professionals since 2011.
Possums & Co. is a highly ethical, values-based organisation. In an environment increasingly shaped and co-opted by commercial interests, our charity is founded from a passion to help make a better world, by helping you grow joy in your little one's early life. We value integrity and respect, and place the best interests of families over financial profit. Possums & Co. is built upon the conviction that if we hold to our guiding values, our organisation will thrive ... because if we hold to our guiding values, the parent and health professional community will trust us and support us. Welcome to our new evolutionarily aligned vision for the care of parents and babies!
- The Possums Clinic F2F in Brisbane
- The Possums Clinic Online
- NDC providers offering online or F2F consultations - put in where you live and see who is near you!
- Online self-help programs about sleep and gestalt breastfeeding
- Possums Parent Hub (PIPPS) resources for parents and online groups
- An annual Conference for health professionals and interested consumers
- Online Introductory Workshops for health professionals
- Online Masterclasses for health professionals
- Online Neuroprotective Developmental Care Accreditation Pathway for health professionals